Monday 22 June 2015

What's in the mystery case?!

So I saw my parents at the weekend and took delivery of a mystery case from Laithwaites. 

I've never had one before, so in the interests of broadening my horizons and trying wine I might not normally buy, I thought I would give it a whirl. It's supposed to save me around £34 for a case (when added to another order of 12), and it could have a bottle up to £1000 in it!

Alas as I was transporting it from the car I managed to break a bottle. Fortunately it was a bottle of £6.49 plonk rather than a £1000 bottle, or the £22 Barolo I actually had in my case. (Although having since looked at the reviews of the Barolo, perhaps it wouldn't be been such a loss if it has smashed). 

Of course it was red plonk that smashed so made a bloody mess everywhere. Serve me right for trying to carry 6 bottles in one strong bag!

There are wines from Spain, Italy, France, Australia and Argentina, and grapes including Pinot Grigio, Semillion Chardonnay, Chadonnay, Italian grape Nero di Troia and a couple of other blends.

I will taste each of them over the coming weeks and months, and let you know how they taste, and if I will be going for a mystery case again...

No comments:

Post a Comment