Monday 29 June 2015

New wine tasting - Abbesse Sauvignon Blanc

So I haven't had a lot of luck with French SB in the past. Some I have had have just been horrid! But this is very pleasant and perfect for the hot summer days we have been promised this week in the UK.


The Abbesse SB is crisp (is there an SB out there that isn't crisp?) medium bodied, and more citrussy than it's NZ cousins - more lemon and grapefruit than limey.Tasting notes say grass and gooseberry although I didn't get a huge amount of that (and was pleased I didn't). But still, a lovely blend and overall feels like a sophisticated drop from the Loire Valley.

Perfect to take round to someone's for a light Sunday lunch (which is exactly what I did).
I got it in my case of 12 mixed SB from around the world, so it was £7.99 per bottle (RRP £8.99).



If you are interested in finding out more about this wine, go to the Laithwaites website: http://www.laithwaites.co.uk/product/Abbesse-Sauvignon-Blanc-2014/29773

No comments:

Post a Comment