Saturday 13 June 2015

New wine tasting - Brent Stone Sauvignon Blanc

So despite saying that I always go for SB, and usually NZ SB at that, I did get a mixed case from Laithwaites last week of SB from around the world. I just happened to put a New Zealand one in the fridge the other night, so that's why I'm tasting ANOTHER NZ SB.

This is a 2014 and from Hawkes Bay in the North Island, as opposed to the more famous SB region of NZ, Malborough at the Northern tip of the South Island.


The nose I thought was tangy and citrussy. I didn't get a lot of gooseberry in the taste (which I was thankful for as I am pretty bored of that!) and found it very minerally and crisp. Undertones of subtle lime and pineapple I got, but the dryness made it very pleasing for me to just have a glass whilst binge watching the new season of Orange is the New Black on Netflix.

I think it would go great with a salad, light chicken meal, or light fish meal - nothing too creamy as I think you would just lose the subtlety of the flavours.

I got it in a case of 12, which meant it was £8.99 a bottle. I would re-order this wine.

If you are interested in finding out more, go to the Laithwaites Site: http://www.laithwaites.co.uk/product/White-PRD-White-still-wine/Brent-Stone-Sauvignon-Blanc-2014/29719






No comments:

Post a Comment