Thursday 5 November 2015

WSET level 2

So I'm mid way through my Wine Spirits and Education Trust Level 2 Wine Course and really enjoying it.

The course is 9 weeks long, 2 hours per week and is at the same Bermondsey office I was at for my level 1 course back in the summer. The course is a mixture of learning by looking at an interactive white board and workbook with a tutor, and 6 tastings each week. We work through a structured tasting process to decide what standard the wine is.

We are working our way around the world focusing on different varieties each week and seeing how wines taste depending on whereabouts they come from, and the methods used in making them.

Note my beautifully modern spittoon! 

It's genuinely fascinating, and only half way through my learning, I now know so much more about wine and what I can probably expect from wines just by looking at the label.

This weekend will be spent cementing everything I have learnt to date, potentially with some tasting of my own...

Reminders of the past are everywhere in this wicked place


The majesty of the WSET classroom!

No comments:

Post a Comment