Sunday 29 November 2015

A couple of wines bars worth a look

So I have been spending a bit of time in Davy's wine bars of late, when I haven't been revising for my WSET level 2 wine exam (tomorrow - ARGH!!!)

I have already written a post on The Boot and Flogger but recently went wine tasting at the enomatic machines at Davy's Wine House on High Holborn, approx 5 mins walk from the tube.

More expensive per taste than the Sampler, and less choice, it's still a great way to try different wines before you buy them, and it actually influenced some of the wines I ended up getting on my last Davy's order.Pop in and stay upstairs to try the 40 odd different wines. Downstairs is a large lovely bar, that gets very busy on a Friday night! I have eaten here once and the food was pretty darn good.

I also went to their Greenwich bar 'Davy's Wine Vaults' over the past week - 1 minute walk turning right out of Greenwich station. A large traditional higher end style pub, (with the shop a couple of doors down) with dining and plenty of booths to tuck yourself into on a wintry afternoon! We stayed for a lovely bottle of Shiraz, and the staff were happy to let us try a couple of French reds before plumping for the bottle from Oz. The only disappointment was that they didn't have any in the shop when we went to get some more to take home.

So the Boot and Flogger is still my favourite Davy's to date, but you can guarantee a warm welcome and knowledgeable staff at Davy's wine bars.

I might see if I can try and get to all of them. I do have a loyalty card after all...

No comments:

Post a Comment