Sunday 18 October 2015

New wine tasting - Cuvee Florence

So as you know my recent trip to France has made me rethink French wine, so I hot footed it to the Wanstead Majestic and got a couple of whites and four reds from the region we visited (and a bit further afield).

The Symbiose Piquepol Sauvignon Blanc 'Cuvee Florence' 2014 is from the Cotes de Thau area (East of Beziers). Being a fan of both grapes I was really interested to try this. For the price £6.74 (on offer) I thought it was a really nice drop.

Crisp, flinty, minerally and refreshing the tropical nature of the Sauvignon did slightly overpower the Piquepol, but I thought it was very pleasant. I drank it with a fish dish, but it would be equally nice to drink by itself and try and reminisce about lazy summer days, or in our case, the wettest August on record!




No comments:

Post a Comment