Saturday 17 October 2015

Wine tasting in the South of France - a final word

So we went off to the Mountains right near Mont Luis, approx 45 mins drive from Perpignan to drink all of our fabulous wines we had been buying all week.

The skiing area where we stayed, whilst void of grapes (sniff) was a beautiful area and the perfect end to a real eye opening week for me in terms of wine.

We drank 10 bottles over the 2 days out here (there was literally nothing to do of an evening but drink wine and solve the world's problems/argue about the world's best national anthem!)

It was great to have larger glasses of some of the delicious wine we had tasted earlier on in the week.

I have never really been a fan of French wine before this holiday, with the exception of areas I know such as Chablis and Sancerre.

I had always stuck with New World - largely NZ for white and Argentina/Chile and Oz for my reds. When I have been willing to pay more, then I have looked towards California and France.

We tried so many reasonably priced, very nice French wines that I am a complete convert and intend on trying wines from all over France from now on...

I went to Majestic the week I got back and picked up a case of 6, including some reds from Roquebrun. We didn't try any of the wines from there whilst we were on holiday, but we did get stuck in a tractor/grape traffic jam, so I felt like I should give them a go.
I'll let you know how I get on.

But for now - Vive la France!


a pretty darn good view to drink wine to...






No comments:

Post a Comment