Friday 16 September 2016

New wine tasting - Columbia Winery Cabernet Sauvignon

Our heatwave in London seemed to come to an abrupt end last night with momentous thunder storms at 4am...

So with the temperature dropping around 13 degrees overnight and autumn finally arriving, what better way to enjoy the passing of the summer than with a Cab Sav?

For a Friday night in I opened up a Cab Sav (2013) from Columbia Valley in Washington State. It's the first time I have had a red from this part of the world, and it didn't disappoint.

Full bodied with plenty of blackberry and blackcurrant smells and flavours, this 81% Cab Sav blend is the perfect drink for autumnal nights. I enjoyed it by itself, but the oak and chocolate flavours mixed with the ripe black fruit would be the perfect accompaniment to roast beef, or a stew, I am sure. Probably could do with a couple more years cellaring and the finish wasn't as long as I would have liked.

But at around £10 per bottle in the UK, it was very drinkable and a great introduction for me to this part of the USA...

See more about the Cab Sav from this winery: Columbia Winery



No comments:

Post a Comment