Sunday 24 July 2016

New wine tasting - Rickshaw Chardonnay 2014

I picked up this cheeky little Chardonnay after a wine tasting at my local Majestic. There is so little Californian wine available around this price point in this country, that I snap it up whenever I see something I think I may fancy.


The grapes for this come from Santa Barbara (where I've stayed a few times), Mendocino County and Sonoma (both up the coast and north of San Francisco).

This was an enjoyable enough drop, buttery (presumably from Lees), toasty and vanilla from oak (but importantly not too much), married with lemon, apple and a hint of tropical reminding me of the warmth of the state.




Alcohol was high for a white at 14%, which meant for a full body which as the tasting notes point out meant for a 'balance of richness and freshness'.

I would probably get this again on a mixed six offer where it is £11.99 a bottle, as it was enjoyable and quoffable, though not a huge amount going on in terms of depth or length of finish.

https://www.majestic.co.uk/Rickshaw-Chardonnay-zid18078


No comments:

Post a Comment