Sunday 12 July 2015

A couple of new wine tastings...@ The Boot and Flogger

On Saturday I spend some time round Southwark and Bermondsey taking photos of architecture and interesting things that took my fancy.

I took my friend down to The Boot and Flogger just round the corner from the Menier Chocolate Factory Theatre. It's a Davys wine bar, and it is a lovely place that's just far enough off the beaten track to be a peaceful place for a drink. And they are serious about their wine...


We start on a bottle of white from the Languedoc region (where I am going in September). It was Chemin de la Serre, and was a blend of Viognier and Marsanne. I'm not a massive fan of Viognier, and I often find it too floral in both nose and taste. However this wasn't too floral for myself or my friend's taste. It tasted of stone fruits and was pleasant enough, although I won't be rushing to buy it when in France! ABV was 12.5%.



We then switched to a red and got a medium bodied Merlot from South Africa. I liked this more than the white, and the berry flavours were soft, but I probably should have gone for a full bodied red. I think it could have done with ageing a bit longer personally. ABV was 14%.



After our tasting I took some photos of all the old wine mementos scattered throughout this fascinating pub. If you are ever in the London Bridge area I suggest you take a gander...















No comments:

Post a Comment